- Technically, morning is any time after midnight or 12.00 a.m.
- When you refer to staying up late – e.g. to between 3-6 a.m.
-this is often called the ‚wee hours’ e.g. ‘last night we stayed up until the wee hours’
- Morning light -the time the sun comes up in the morning
– this is also known as ‘dawn’.
- Morning sickness – vomiting and nausea during the first tri-mester of being pregnant.
- A morning person – the opposite of a night owl – a person who likes waking up early.
- Morning after pill – a form of contraceptive used the morning after having unprotected sex.
- What’s the story morning glory? – have a listen to this classic ‘Oasis’ track
and try to work out what it means.