- Swing – a variety of Jazz and a style of dance.
- To Swing (verb) move back and forth – huśtać się.
- A swing – a seat suspended by ropes or chains, on which someone may sit and swing back and forth – huśtawka.
- To get in the swing of things – to get used to a routine or situation.
- In full swing – underway or functioning to full capacity
E.g. by 10.00 p.m. the party was in full swing..
- Swingers – people who like to swap partners.
- It can also be used in idioms:
– There is not enough room to swing a cat – this describes
a small, cramped place.
– Swings and roundabouts – plusses and minuses.